ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN & ROLE
Lexi Reese for Senate (www.lexireese.com) represents a dynamic, outsider campaign devoted to bringing humanity and excellence to government. Committed to addressing income inequality and creating an economy that supports all people and businesses to share in durable prosperity, our mission is to build towards a future where everyone can thrive. Our campaign is founded on the values of curiosity, community, commitment, and clarity. We want to bring Lexi’s expertise as a seasoned non-profit leader and small business advocate to help drive measurable change in the US Senate – change that Californian families feel in the form of less stress and more energy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about embracing innovation, committed to delivering results, and dedicated to fostering a representative and inclusive community.
The Communications Director is responsible for engineering, developing, implementing, and evaluating our narrative power and strategic communications initiatives to serve Lexi Reese for Senate (“LR4S”) ecosystem and make LR4S Vision a reality. This position requires a high-level understanding of narrative trends, patterns, and strategies within today’s socio-political context, primarily related to the experiences, and needs of Californian people. The Communications Director supervises and is accountable to the communications team, which includes press and editorial, digital, and design (infographics).
May require travel and work on occasional weekends and evenings as determined.
- Direct and support the LR4S communications team (staff and consultants), including but not limited to coaching, hiring, performance management and evaluation, and management of key contractors
- Evaluate the efficacy and progress of LR4S narrative and communications strategy, including press and editorial, digital strategy, narrative power–building, design, crisis communications, policy communications, and broad organizational comms support
- Manage and account for the communications department budget
- Ensure that LR4S values are illustrated within our communications
- Report accomplishments, disappointments, and noteworthy information and data to Cross-pollinate communications narrative-power support and tenets among other departments, such as field, partnerships policy, finance and operations, and tech
- Bottom-line message research, development, and distribution for core campaigns
- Collaborate with LR4S leadership on meaningful editorial partnerships toward political education for new and developing audiences
- Build and develop relationships with intra-movement and cross-movement partner
- Provide ongoing media, spokesperson, and narrative-power training to candidate
- 7-10 years of strategic communications experience, preferably at a values-based organization, coalition, or formation;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Ability to adapt to change, prioritize multiple tasks effectively, and meet deadlines
- Expert knowledge of narrative and communications strategy and management of communications staff;
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Time-management skills and the ability to quickly pivot based on current events and organizational needs;
- Ability to speak to and unite others behind LR4S’s platform;
- Experience running communications campaigns and previous experience working with policy teams to support legislative campaigns on a local, state, and/or federal level;
- Can develop productive working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders and groups; ready to collaborate with people from various backgrounds.
- Bonus points for dancing abilities – Lexi loves to hit the dance floor!
Salary Range: $7,000 – $9,000 monthly
Our campaign is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status. People of color and people from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.