ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN & ROLE
Lexi Reese for Senate (www.lexireese.com) represents a dynamic, outsider campaign devoted to bringing humanity and excellence to government. Committed to addressing income inequality and creating an economy that supports all people and businesses to share in durable prosperity, our mission is to build towards a future where everyone can thrive. Our campaign is founded on the values of curiosity, community, commitment, and clarity. We want to bring Lexi’s expertise as a seasoned non-profit leader and small business advocate to help drive measurable change in the US Senate – change that Californian families feel in the form of less stress and more energy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about embracing innovation, committed to delivering results, and dedicated to fostering a representative and inclusive community.
The Field Director will manage the voter contact, volunteer recruitment, and GOTV program of our campaign. They will hire and oversee field organizers who work with volunteers and interns to conduct the voter contact program including canvassing and phone banking on a day-to-day basis.
Will require travel and work on occasional weekends and evenings as determined.
- Devise and implement a robust, innovative grassroots organizing strategy to mobilize supporters and engage volunteers using best-of-breed voter contact tools, integrated with data stack for the rest of the campaign
- Recruit, train, and oversee a team of organizers and volunteers, providing guidance and support to ensure the successful implementation of campaign objectives
- Create staff and volunteer training materials
- Manage organizing budgets, monitor expenses, and ensure effective allocation of resources to meet campaign goals
- Develop appropriate metrics and manage systems of accountability for staff and volunteers
- Collaborate with and facilitate communication between field teams from partner campaigns and coordinated campaign offices
- Facilitate communication between the communications and digital teams to integrate grassroots efforts into broader campaign messaging and online initiatives
- Analyze data and modeling to create and track progress in voter contact universes
- Additional duties as assigned Candidate, Campaign Manager
- Beneficial to be fluent in English and Spanish
- Proven experience training, supporting, and managing large staff (preferably in an electoral or community engagement capacity)
- Ideally at least 3 cycles of political campaign experience, including at least two cycles in field and at least 2 cycles managing paid staff
- Proficiency using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and team management skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to work long or irregular hours
- Flexibility to adapt to changing campaign needs and strategies
- Bonus points for loving karyoke
Salary Range: $7000-$9000
Our campaign is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status. People of color and people from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.