ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN & ROLE
Lexi Reese for Senate (www.lexireese.com) represents a dynamic, outsider campaign devoted to bringing humanity and excellence to government. Committed to addressing income inequality and creating an economy that supports all people and businesses to share in durable prosperity. Our mission is to build towards a future where everyone can thrive. Our campaign is founded on the values of curiosity, community, commitment, and clarity. We want to bring Lexi’s expertise as a seasoned non-profit leader and small business advocate to help drive measurable change in the US Senate – change that Californian families feel in the form of less stress and more energy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about embracing innovation, committed to delivering results, and dedicated to fostering a representative and inclusive community.
The Political Director is responsible for engaging and managing relationships with key stakeholders and elected officials. He/she/they will field inquiries and actively work with established community leaders to inform them of campaign activities or updates. During our primary campaign, the Political Director will play a significant role in securing endorsements.
Will require travel and work on occasional weekends and evenings as determined.
- Develop the campaign’s political plan, calendar and work with specific constituency groups to organize their involvement with the campaign, for example – labor, seniors, educators, veterans, communities of color, new Americans, environmentalists, and college students, etc. in coordination with the campaign manager, senior staff and advisors.
- Develop a voter contact plan in coordination with the field director for particular communities by building relationships with the existing organizations that represent these communities
- Develop data-driven programming that reflects the strategic objectives of the coordinated campaign; establish clear metric goals to track our progress and ensure success
- Hire and provide strong leadership for the Political Team, including effective supervision and development of staff;
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization to ensure that the political program aligns with campaign’s broader strategy, particularly close coordination with the communications and field team
- Represent the candidate in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and national partners;
- Manage the departmental budget;
- Provide high-level strategic advice to candidate and campaign leaders program development including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, electoral, legislative and ballot initiative opportunities
- A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income families;
- At least 5 years’ experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns, with some relevant connection to community, labor, or other non-candidate politics;
- At least 3 years of management experience
- Experience managing large scale or statewide political or voter engagement campaigns;
- Experience developing or managing candidate endorsement process;
- Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field;
- Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Results-focused and organized;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently; and
- Willing to have significant travel schedule
- Bonus points for dancing abilities – Lexi loves to hit the dance floor!
Salary Range: $7000-$9000
Our campaign is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status. People of color and people from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.