ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN & ROLE
Lexi Reese for Senate (www.lexireese.com) represents a dynamic, outsider campaign devoted to bringing humanity and excellence to government. Committed to addressing income inequality and creating an economy that supports all people and businesses to share in durable prosperity, our mission is to build towards a future where everyone can thrive. Our campaign is founded on the values of curiosity, community, commitment, and clarity. We want to bring Lexi’s expertise as a seasoned non-profit leader and small business advocate to help drive measurable change in the US Senate – change that Californian families feel in the form of less stress and more energy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about embracing innovation, committed to delivering results, and dedicated to fostering a representative and inclusive community.
We are seeking a visionary, dynamic and strategic Social Media and Digital Community Director to lead our social efforts for a Democratic US senate campaign. As the Social Media and Digital Community Director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our digital presence, driving engagement, and creating impactful connections with state-wide and national audiences to win hearts and minds.
- Develop and execute comprehensive social media and community strategies to promote the campaign’s goals and engage Californians, using creative approaches seldom seen in political campaigns before
- Drive the growth of our social media followings, expand our reach and maximize engagement
- Create compelling and shareable content for various social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and others
- Develop a cohesive content calendar that aligns with our campaign message and key initiatives
- Monitor social media channels, respond to inquiries and comments, and manage online conversations in a timely and professional manner
- Collaborate with the campaign team to integrate social media initiatives with overall campaign strategy, messaging and events
- Track and analyze social media metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven decisions for optimization
- Stay informed about current social media trends, tools, and best practices, and proactively suggest innovative ideas to enhance our digital presence
- 3+ years of experience in social media management, preferably in a political campaign or related field
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, algorithms, and best practices
- Proven track record of creating engaging and impactful social media and community content
- Lots of ideas for things you’ve always wanted to try but couldn’t find a campaign cool enough to try them
- Experience with social media analytics and reporting tools to track performance and inform strategy
- Familiarity with political campaigns and the ability to align social efforts with campaign messaging and goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Passion for making a difference in the lives of Californians and contributing to a democratic senate campaign
- Bonus points for dancing abilities – Lexi loves to hit the dance floor!
Salary Range: $6,000 – $7,000 monthly
Our campaign is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status. People of color and people from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.